Housing and Human Development Corporation (HHDC) is a 501(c)3 not for profit, public benefit corporation formed to develop, acquire and charitably operate affordable housing and provide supportive services to low income seniors and families.
While food, shelter and warmth are among life’s primary needs, it takes more than a stable and secure roof over one’s head to secure long-term well-being. HHDC is committed to providing safe, affordable housing for America’s low-income residents, and to enhancing their well-being through providing social services that promote independence and overall well-being.
HHDC’s mission is to:
- Build or rehabilitate affordable housing units for family and elderly residents at or below 60% of area mean income.
- Improve the lives of low income residents by providing social services at multi-family properties that promote:
- Economic self-sufficiency
- Child and youth development
- Community building
HHDC’s work is guided by HUD’s priorities, and includes:
- Assessing each elderly resident’s needs in Activities of Daily Living and determining their respective service needs.
- Assisting residents with obtaining needed community-based services and/or public benefits.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the supportive services provided to residents individually and collectively.
- Identifying and networking with appropriate community-based supports and services.
- Advocating on behalf of residents individually and collectively to ensure their needs are met.
- Assisting residents to set up informal support networks.
- Assisting residents with resolving problems with their tenancy.
- Developing and acquiring appropriate health and wellness programs for the housing community.
- Developing after-school youth, job readiness, literacy, volunteer, and financial management programs for residents and their families.
- Performing other functions to eliminate barriers to enable frail and at-risk low income elderly, people with disabilities, and families to live with dignity and independence.
You've written an excellent post, and you've shared it with us. Your article provided me with some unique and useful knowledge. Family Caregiving Program in Santa ClaraReplyDelete